Today Tuesday Aug 26 is National Dog Day. Send us your favourite photo. We love our canines. What would the world be without them in our lives.
Here are a few fun facts:
1. Dog do dream. Dogs and humans have the same type of slow wave sleep (SWS) and rapid eye movement (REM) and during this stage dogs can dream. The twitching and paw movements that occur during sleep are a sign that your pet is dreaming.
2. No night vision goggles needed. Dogs’ eyes contain a special membrane called the tapetum lucidum which allows them to see in the dark.
3. How powerful is a canine’s nose??? If you put a tbsp of sugar in a swimming pool the dog would be able to smell it. Could you???
4. 45% of dogs sleep in their owner’s bed. Move over Rover!!!
5. A tasty fact- humans have approximately 9000 taste buds, dogs have 1700 and cats have 473.